Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with yeast infection. Diflucan prescribed. Itchy bumps on the penis. Is this contagious?

I have been diagnosed with a severe yeast infection and prescribed diflucan. Now my husband has small red bumps on his penis. They burn and itch. Before that I noticed like a dry flakyness around the shaft. We have not had intercourse since the day I was diagnosed. The first bump came up after 3 days of me being diagnosed. It looked almost pimple like. Did I pass the infection to him?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Based on the information provided it seem to have greater chances of infection passed on to your husband and the the symptoms of having red bumps suggest so.

Here are listed possibilities that may show similar result
Based on the information there are two possible causes which are as follows
1) Fungal infection - most probable cause
2) Allergic reaction (contact dermatitis)- second most probable cause


Please contact PHYSICIAN ,
Reason is its hard to come to conclusion just from the description and a visual conformation / touch may be needed and may need some diagnostic test to pin point the cause.

Here is mostly all physician tend to do
1) physical examination
2) visual inspection and touch to feel the changes
3) may need a KOH test in case of fungus
4) may need to do blood test, or allergen test for finding out the cause
(a) Prescribe the antifungal cream in case of fungal infection.
(b) In case of allergic reaction will ask you to stay away of the allergen and may prescribe you antiallergenic drug
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Sunil 's  Response

Thanks for posting you query.

Yes it is quite possible that your husband gets yeast infection (penile candidiasis) from already infected you. Sometimes yeast is also considered as sexually transmitted disease, however they spread by direct contact. Your husband should also seek medical treatment.

Avoid direct sexual contacts till infection resolves.

Wear loose cotton clothes.

Keep area clean and dry.

Hope it helps.

Take Care!
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor