Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with varicocele in right testicles, slight pain. Can I delay in surgery?

hello doctors, i am 22 years old. i was diagnosed to have varicocele in my right testicle for 3 years. it has slighty pain but it was tolerable. My doctor advised me that i can have surgery after marriage. My question is, can i have surgery after 5 years from now or after 10 years from now as my doctor advised me? thanks :) i can tolerate the pain, the pain is 4 out of 10. (10 is the most painful) thankyou! :)
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hello Mr.Richard
Thanks for your query.Based on the fact that you have posted it appears that you have Varicocele on right side and have mild pain on the same side.Your Dr has advised you to undergo surgery after marriage.However i would rather advise you to go for surgery now as there are 30% chances of spermatogenesis on the Right Testicle being affected due to Varicocele.Though you have mild pain now the intensity of pain is likely to increase in future as the varicocele will get advanced over a period of ten years.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor