Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with varicocele in right testicle, moderate pain. Safe to have surgery at a later date?

Hi, i m 22 years old now, since i am 19 yrs old, i was diagnosed with varicocele in my right testicle, the pain is about 5 out of 10. (10 is the most painful). I CAN tolerate the pain because it is NOT very painful anyway. my question is, can i have surgery after marriage? My Doctor advised me to have surgery after marriage because i can tolerate the pain. Can i have surgery after 5 years from now? thanks because i don t have enough money now... thanks :)
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Richard,

Thank you for posting on HCM
Well varicocele does not require any emergency medical intervention besides it is being performed to improve your quality of life. After the surgery your sperm count may increase and performing it early enough may prevent testicular atrophy (wasting). Varicocele even though generally harmless can become complicated and cause infertility, testicular atrophy, clotting disorder, infection etc.
My sincere answer to your question is that, you may have surgery five years from now provided you do not develop any of the mentioned complications. In the mean time, if you discover any changes with your scrotum or testes, please do consult with your urologist

Wish you the best

Dr Nsah
Answered: Sat, 12 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The main indication for operating varicocele is infertality.your unmarried and it is not bothering you much,you can get it operated at time of your choice.If not operated immediately it will not lead to any serious complication.So relax and decide time of your choice for operation.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Sat, 12 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor