Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with varicocele in right testicle, but ultrasound shows negative result

hello doctors, i m 20 yr old male, i have been diagnosed with right varicocele by my doctor (he is a General Surgeon ), i took ultrasound but it was negative, but he had a physical exam , and told me that it is really a varicocele because of swollen vein... The pain is almost 1 year... and the pain was only 4 out of 10... (10 is the most painful)... He told me that i don t need surgery , because i the pain is tolerable, it is only 4 out of 10... He told me that the best time to have surgery is when i will have a wife soon, i think this will be 5 years or more :) ... He also told me that surgery for varicocele is best after marriage.. so i told him that i will have surgery after 5 years or more haha :)), he told me that i can play basketball, but i should wear supporter tight brief.. he also told me that i can go to gym, lifts some weights....
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  336
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Small varicocele at times require no treatment.Your doctor is very right in his advise.In case where there is too much of pain or infertility then surgery is advised.The measures advised to you are not worry.Bye.
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor