Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with uterine fibroids, distorted endometrium. Will there be any problem for conception?

I want to have children. What are the least invasive option I have? At 39 years old I was diagnosed with fibroids . I’m now 42 years old. I was diagnosed with heterogeneous irregular fibroid uterus . The uterus measures 16.2 x10.2 x 11.4. Five (5) were identified. 1) right subserosal measures 13.3 X 8.7 x9.8 cm. 2) anterior subserosal measures 4.5 x 2.8 x 4.8 cm 3) fundal subserosal measures 4.4 x 4.5 x 4.8 cm. `4) left and subserosal measures 4.5 x 3.2 x 4 cm. 5) subserosal measures 6.5 x 5.6 x 6cm. Endometrium is distorted and could not be identified. Right adnexa measures 3.5 x 3 x 2.1. left adnexa could not be clearly defined. No large left adnexal masses are seen. No focal dominant solid or cystic adnexal masses are seen, no free fluid within the pelvis . No pain and heavy bleeding 1 day during my monthly cycle. I want to have children. What are the least invasive option I have?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  856
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thank you for your query.
All the fibroids seem to be subserosal, that is on the outside of the uterus, not encroaching into the cavity. However, it seems that you have not had any assessment of the cavity of the uterus, like hysterosalpingogram or hysteroscopy. These tests would give a better indication as to the issue of pregnancy.
As you are already 42 years of age, and reproductive capacity decreases with age, I would advice you to see a gynecologist with interest in infertility as soon as possible. On detailed investigation, the doctor would be able to tell you if you need myomectomy( removal of all fibroids) or not.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Archana Singh's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Distorted endometrium leads to difficulty in implantation . One option for you is to undergo myomectomy (removal of fibroids) which is definitely invasive .But in it also chances of pregnancy is only around 50%, further less in your case due to increasing age. Other option is to go for a surrogate mother. Considering your age and complication, i will suggest you to consult a good infertility specialist soon .He can give you details of options.
Best of luck,
Hope it helps you a little..
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor