Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with tuberculosis, has submandibular lump. FNAC report shows granulomatous lesion with giant langhan cell. Treatment?

i am 33yrs old female and i have been diagnosed tuberculosis.i am taking treatment since 2 mother is also living with us and she got a submandibular lump.FNAC report shows granulomatous lesion with giant langhan cell.her quantiferon TB gold test came negative..her doctor is giving her hydroxychloroquine200mg since 20 daz.what should we do?should we start ATT or continue the same treatment?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello Shilpi
Thanks for visiting HCM.
Lymph nodes are the second most common site for tuberculosis after lungs.
FNAC report is highly suggestive of tuberculosis as there is granulomatous inflammation with langhans giant cells which are usually found in tubercular lesion..moreover histopathological diagnosis (FNAC) is superior to quantiferon TB gold test.
Considering the laboratory report and prevailing source of infection in the form of you, your mother must be considered a case of tuberculosis, and in my opinion should be treated with ATT.
It is said that in tuberculosis, if you suspect, always go for treatment....
And at last please continue your own treatment for the prescribed duration i.e 6 months..

Best wishes
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor