Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with tuberculosis. On akurit4 treatment. Blood tests showing IgG, IgM, IgA done. How long must treatment be given?

My wife diagnosed with IgG(1458.47) and Igm(1.55)and IgA(189.14) tuberclois. for last2days she is on akurit4 treatment. otherwise she is ok what reaction will oocure being this treatment for how long she will be on treatment of akurit 4 and after that which treatment. one thing more after how many month i should go for repeat blood sample She is female age 31 yrs weight around 55.kgs
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Your wife is getting the treatment for tuberculosis which is likely to continue for 6-8 months according to the falling titres of the infection. You may recheck the blood levels after 6 months of treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 4 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor