Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with transverse myelitis, have severe burning sensation on the right side of body with numbness from transverse myelitis. Help?

I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis 3 years ago. Just this last week, I have been having severe burning sensations on the right side of my body which is also still partially numb from the transverse myelitis. Wondering what the burning sensation could be from, if it stems from the transverse myelitis. It can be very uncomfortable.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  360
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at HCM !

Transverse myelitis causes burning pain at the level of affected spine- usually in a band like band of hyperasthesia (burning , uncomfortable sensation) occurs in the skin area supplied by the affected nerves of the spinal cord.

Your pain seems related to the same.
You are advised to see your neurologist again to look into the problem- if there is recurrence.

I hope you are fully satisfied with the guidance I gave.
I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Thank you and Good luck !
Answered: Wed, 10 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor