Diagnosed with temporal arteritis. Biopsy done. Prednisone given. Advise?

I have just bee diagnosed with the symptoms of temporal arteritis. I had a bioposy done today but they have started me on prednisone which has helped with the tenderness on the temples. The problem is that I am to fly out for vacation that day after I see the Dr for the results. Is there anything that should preclude me from flying?
Tue, 7 May 2013
Neurologist 's  Response

Thank you for posting your query.

Temporal arteritis responds well to oral steroids. It is good to note that you have started to show improvement.

There is no contraindication to flying, should you wish so, after temporal artery biopsy or while on steroid treatment.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar

My email: drsudhirkumar@yahoo.com
Neurologist Dr. Sudhir Kumar's  Response

Thank you for posting your query.

Best wishes,

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My email: drsudhirkumar@yahoo.com