Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with sub-clinical hypothyroidism, prescribed eltroxine. Is it completely curable?

hi i have hypothyroid problem , my T3 -113.33 ng/dl and my T4- 7.5 ug/dl tsh - 5.89mlu/l microsomal antibody is 1300.0u/ml the doctor told me its Subclimical hypothyroidism wht is this , will it get completed cured , my doctor has asked me to take Eltroxine -50 mg ( thyroxine sodium tablets ) but i fell very weak, i dont want to live on tablets
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
you have mild elevation of TSH, just above normal and no clinical symptoms.
it is easily treatable witha single tab of eltroxin everyday. slowly you will feel alright as replacement occurs.
I think a small tab a day should not worry you.
thank god you do not have to take insulin shots everyday !!

so relax , take medical treatmrnt and get better.
good luck and keep me posted on your progress.
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor