Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with spondylosis, bursitis. slow recovery with physiotherapy. Want to go for a holiday. Can I take steroidal injection for quick relief?

I have been recently diagnosed with Spondylosis of my neck and also bursitis in both of my shoulders. I m currenty having Physiotherapy twice a week and accupuncture once a week but am concerned that I ll still be in pain when I go on holiday in two weeks time. If I was to have a steroidal injection in my shoulder and neck, would this allow me to enjoy a totally-pain free holiday????
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgery 's  Response

as per your history you hace cervical spondylosis which is long standng wear and tear of the joint of the cervicla spine.. for this you should have apostural training about the postion of the neck, and strengthening excercise of the neck muscles. by both this measures the neck pain will reduced and you can become painless.

as per the history you said you have the bursitis.. i would like to know what investigation said you have the bursitis and if you have then what iis the cause , according ly you can be treated. treat the cause and can have the antiinflammatory and analgesics drugs plus treat the cause for the bursitis.

have a good health
Dr Roshan
Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor