Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with slightly enlarged heart. Having palpitation, lower muscle weak. Treatment?

I am 44 years old. I am 120lbs overweight and smoke , which I am trying to quit now. I was told that I have a slightly enlarged heart by my doctor, and I have been having recent palpitations which they think are tied to my anxiety disorder . All other medical things check out fine, except I have had the anxiety disorder for 17 years. I am out of shape, tired all the time and need to get back in shape. my lower back muscles are weak so I know it will be painful to start. What can I do to get started and will it change the direction my heath is heading in? Can I fix this if I start now?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is "never too late to mend"
You can start now.

Most of the features can be explained by prolonged inactivity and anxiety.
Start on a small scale / step up gradually / steadily and slowly / you can even overtake others.
Motivation is the first step - you now have it...
Life style changes help - walking up the stair instead of lift / vegetables and fruits instaed of junk food and so on. Dietician can help
Contact with people in similar group helps.
Trainers - as in a gym - help.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor