Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with severe papillodema. All tests normal. What else i can do to know the cause and treat my condition?

i have been diagnosed with severe papillodema and i did many tests including ct scan , mri , mrv, and it looked ok no tumors or major abnormalities, then they indicated to do lumbar puncture to see if there is intra cranial pressure, the test was normal, someone diagnosed me with pseudo papllodema but the problem is not yet solved. what else i can do to know the cause and treat my condition
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for your query.

Blood tests usually do not contribute to the diagnosis of papilledema. If the diagnosis is in doubt, CBC count, blood sugar, angiotensin-converting enzyme, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and syphilis serology may be helpful to look for signs of infectious, metabolic, or inflammatory diseases.

apart from papillodema other differential diagnosis can be-
Central Retinal Vein Occlusion
Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
Optic Neuritis, Adult
Optic Neuropathy, Anterior Ischemic
Optic Neuropathy, Compressive
Thyroid Ophthalmopathy
Toxic/Nutritional Optic Neuropathy
Uveitis, Classification
Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada Disease

thank you,
wishing you good health
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor