Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with sciatica. Severe pain. Body looks crooked while walking. Took medications. Suggest

hello my name is alexis and i would like to know if i am able to collect disibility living allowence for sciatica pain? i currently am working in a sandwich shop in which i stand all day and by the end of the night i can barley walk. when i sit too long i can barley stand, it hurts to bend over if i have to pick up something off the ground, and also when i walk my body looks crooked. the pain runs down my left leg and hurts so bad i take the prescribed medications but they dont take away the pain they just make it a little more barable for me to handle. Ive had the pain for over 2 years now and was diagnosed with siatica.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
Please check with your local neurologist as your symptoms are highly suggestive of neurological problem which gets aggravated by prolonged standing. There are different rules in different states and your local neurologist may be able to help you in this issue
Best wishes
Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor