Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with right ear bone disease. Surgery advised. Loss of hearing in audiometry. Solution?

Hello Dr Sumit, I have been diagnosed with the Right Ear bone decease. Doctors advice me for a ear surgery. They were telling that my ear bones are having some issues like DEEMAK in wood. In Audiometry there was loss of hearing of around 60% in right ear. Needing your advice how this operation is important and how many chances are there to get my hearing restored?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Welcome in H.C.M.
I have gone through your query regarding your ear disease where you have enough amount of hearing loss.Your doctor had advice you about surgery to restore hearing.
After considering your complaints and based on my previous experience of about 25 years I would like to tell you that you should go for surgery. It is clear that damaged or loss bone can't be regenerated by any medicine of any pathy. Reconstruction of damaged ossicular chain is only by surgery.
As you are telling that your bone is damage like eaten by DEEMAk.
, so this debris what we are saying cholesteatoma should be removed to shave rest part thus you should think for surgery.

With Regards.
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor