Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Diagnosed with rectal prolapse, have pus in bowel movements, severe pain. Treatment advise?

Hi are you here on line at the moment please, as I have my left ovary attached to my sigmoid colon , it acute pain I get, plus it seems to have caused rectal prolapse . As that showed up on barium enema the rectal prolapse. I have waited 7 years for this diagnosis, & 4 months later I am still awaiting to be told if they will do an operation. Most recently i have had large amounts of yellow 2inch bolbs of pus come from inside my bm, it is feeling ulcerated in the sigmoid colon, and this is where this large amount of clear yellowish blobs come from, they are large. The pain requires massive amounts of heavy duty pain patches . I can not go out the house as I cant sit for long or stand. Please can you help me . Thanking you in advance.
Tue, 5 Mar 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  
General Surgeon 's  Response

Your case seems to be a lot of complications as per your information which needs the following: First of all to consult a Gastroenterologist or a General Surgeon to get a clinical evaluation.

Go for colonoscopy and biopsy to rule out cancer, ulcer or so. CT scan of abdomen and pelvis to know the correlation of the ovary with colon and to see for the possibility of Ovarian Cancer, Tuberculosis and to see for any other pathology. Obviously, you need surgery for sure, hence go for the appointment, pre-operative preparations, medications and so on to get a proper output of the surgery.

You may also need a course of an antibiotic, Metronidazole and so on to control the infection, if present. Get these things done as early as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed with a prolapsed rectum, but in a mild stage. That was about a year ago. I also have Mast Cell Activation Disease (hoping you...

Recent questions on  Sigmoid colon

doctor1 MD

I am 24 y and had a trauma disection of the small bowel and the colon.I am left with 51 cm of the small bowel and all rectum and sigmoid colon (35...

doctor1 MD

Hi are you here on line at the moment please, as I have my left ovary attached to my sigmoid colon , it acute pain I get, plus it seems to have...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor,

For my father aged 64 years, Height 6 ft, weight 80, he is having problems with the bowel movements. So we have done a...

doctor1 MD

what is the size of the colon in an average adult

doctor1 MD

Is it okay to take a stool softner after coming off a liquid diet if you suspect hernias i also have significant diverticulosis in the sigmoid colon .

doctor1 MD

Hi , I have diverticulitis and I've been having bloody stools for over 15 days . I went to the ER a couple of days ago , my blood levels were good...

doctor1 MD

I am a 23 year old female with periodic blood in the stool on and off over the last 3-4 weeks. Four days ago, I started having heavy amounts of...