Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with polysistic ovary syndrome. Have pain in abdomen, frequent urination, fatigued, metallic taste in mouth. Suggestions?

I am a 25 year old female, about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with polysistic ovary syndrome I was having really bad attacks every 6 months, my symptoms were severe pain in my lower right abdomen frequent urination and very fatigued, it is now 3 years on and the pain has gotten much worse I am having attacks more frequently every month and more symptoms are arising, such as severe lower back pain, metallic taste in mouth, and frequent urination.
I have had 9 attacks this year I have gotten so many diagnoses as to what could be causing this, such as appendicitis, burst ovarian cyst and sciatica, one doctor said it could be mid cycle pain that is causing this pain but not one doctor has even refered me to a specialist and now I am running out of patients as to what could be causing this.
I have had 1 ultrasound in the past 3 years that is when they found out I had PSOS all, my blood tests showed no abnormalities.
All im looking for is answers and not one doctor can give that to me
Asked On : Mon, 23 Sep 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome ( PCOS ) is a most common disease in young female .
As you stated that there is excruciating pain in the right side of abdomen .
Yes , this pain may be due to cyst in the right ovary and can be confirmed by an ultrasound of lower abdomen with right & left both ovaries.
As pain is on the right side so chances of cyst are there.
It is not necessary that in every patient of PCOS there develops changes of hormones.
As a precaution you should get in blood for estrogen, androgen FSH/LH ratio alteration.
Atretric changes in follicl of ovarian stroma also take place .
Now conservative ( drugs) treatment available for PCOS , so consult gynecologist and get his opinion and treatment.
Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 23 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor