Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with pancreatitis, have elevated lipase levels. What treatment should be taken?

Hi, my name is zari and my niece was diagnosed with pancreatitis yesterday. She is 3 years old. Her Lipase levels over the last three days and been 350, then 450, and now 700. The doctors in my town are telling us that she is fine but we have a hard time believing that as her lipase levels rise. Could you please tell me what needs to be done?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It is not right to judge the problem to be pancreatitis with just lipase levels. You should get a CT scan done for the child. I would also like to know why was she seen by a doctor in the first place.

If she has abdominal pain she needs immediate hospitalization. Acute pancreatitis is an emergency and should be promptly treated for better quality of life for the child. The outcomes are good if the pancreatitis is treated early with a known cause.

All the best.
Answered: Thu, 26 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor