Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with non obstructive azoospermia. What are the treatment options available other than ICSI?

My husband has been told he has non obstructive azoospermia . he had a biopsy and they retrieved sperm, i wonder how it s possible for him to have no blockage but have sperm. is there anything we can do other than ICSI to become pregnant. We ve had 5 ICSI s and 2 frozen transfers using his frozen sperm from biopsy but none were sucessful, we were told his sperm were good quality when retrieved.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr Das
Look, there is problem in the microenvironment. That means, in testis, for production of sperm, a special microenvironment is essential. When there is any problem, then the production of the sperm is hampered. In these condition, non obstructive azoospermia can occur.

So, there is really no treatment available except the ICSI.
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor