Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with non-displaced laterial tibial plateau fracture. Healing time?

I have just been diagnosed with a non-displaced laterial tibial plateau fracture . I am in a immobilizer at 0 degree range of motion. My orthopedist is out until Monday and his office called me yesterday after the MRI results to put me in the brace. What king of recovery can I expect? How long to heal and when will I be able to bend my knee?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  669
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for writing to us.
Non displaced lateral tibial plateau normally takes 6-8 weeks to heal. After 4-6 weeks of immobilization , knee range of motion exercises started to regain full range of motion.
After good physiotherapy you will be able to bend your knees fully.
Hope this will help you;
Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor