Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with mytrovalve prolapse in childhood. Racy, fluttering heart, dizziness. Do I need valve replacement?

I was diagnoised when i was younger with mytrovalve prolapse . In the last 2-3 weeks, my heart feels like it is racing and fluttering. sometimes taking my breath and a little dizzy but not to bad. It feels like I have been shot up with caffeine. This has been a constant feeling for a couple of weeks. Do you think this could be serious? Does it sound like my valve could have to be replaced?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013

according to symptoms given by you there is possibility for worsening of prolapse. Palpitations,Chest pain,Weakness, easy fatigability,Dizziness, light headedness,Shortness of breath and dysautonomia symptoms like anxiety, migraine headaches etc are symptoms of worsening of mitral valve prolapse.

Though in 60% of cases of mitral valve prolapse are asymptomatic in stressful conditions the symptoms may develop.

There is chance that you have developed mitral regurgitation as you have developed shortness of breath and dizziness.

As you are feeling these symptoms since couple of weeks it is already delayed. Now you have to consult your cardiologist immediately and get treated.
It could be medical or surgical depending on your condition.
take care
Answered: Fri, 27 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor