Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with myopia, power detected in both eyes. Remedies to improve eyesight?

my child who is nine yrs old was diagoniseed myopia prob lem ,was detected power of -1.25 in both the eyes. i was really sad i wanted to know by what means can i reduce the power ,any home remedies if there are pls suggest me.people tell me that in such cases the power keeps on increasing every 6 months. what should i do? sir i dont have credit cards if ther s any way to pay in cash?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello naina.
these problems are becoming quite common these days with all the digitization and gadgets around...
make sure that he wears his glasses regularly or else the number will go up.. maintain distance when watching tv or other high contrast screens...Motivate him to take up outdoor games and give him diet rich in Vitamin a like Fish,Carrot, Spinach, Sweet potatoes etc....
and foremost is to visit opthalmologist and have regular checkups....
there are every chances that number may come down..
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor