Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with multiple cysts in kidney. What are the treatment options?

my relative has recently been diagnosed with multiple cysts in both kidneys; here is what the ultrasonograph test say: Multiple cystic areas of different sizes are seen in different parts of both right (largest one: 1.7 cm X 1.6 cm) and left kidneys (largest one: 2.2 cm X 2.1 cm). my question: are they benign or is my relative s condition bad already? what are the treatment options?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Nephrologist 's  Response
cystic disease in kidney are generally benign conditions like Polycystic disease. just the cyst size or number has nothing to do with the prognosis of the disease. you have to meet a nephrologist to give you the correct diagnosis. and dont worry just having cyst is not a bad situation . you need urine routine, kidney function tests and other investigations to classify the amount of damage. hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 25 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor