Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with mono, mild swelling in armpits and groin, salivary glands, strange sensations from chest to armpits with anxiety. How can I recover fast?

I was diagnosed with mono recently through blood test . I was told the acute stage was in the last 6 months. I am 44 yrs old, male. I am a semi pro cyclist . I train up to 250 miles a week with very hard efforts in which HR is 175 plus routinely. . I had no idea I had mono yet I knew I was extremely fatigued and my left side ( back) under rib cage burned with pain especially during training ( spleen?). I lost my appetite ( which has returned). Now It seems my lymph nodes are mildly swollen in arm pits and groin . My saliva gland behind my left jaw has swollen putting pressure on my ear and face. I have been on bed rest with mild walks in the evening for about three weeks now. I also have strange sensations that seem to go through my chest muscle from the arm pit region. BTW I never had fever that i know of. I have had ct scan and extensive blood work ( all clear except for mono).....All of this is just strange and anxiety has gripped me because of the strange nature of my symptoms. Do I simply rest and fallow doctors orders? Is what I have described usual for adult mono sufferer? Any suggestions for recovery, swollen glands, anxiety ( Im such a sissy!)....Thanks so much
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Mono is known to cause atypical symptoms with fatigue, body ache and increased sensation in adults more than 40 years of age. Just relax and follow your doctor's advice. Take rest have, plenty of fluids and trust your doctor!!!
Answered: Tue, 15 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor