Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with mono. Feeling better. Told to resume normal activity. Get tongue pierced?

I contracted mono sometime in December unknowingly. Then 4 weeks later around Janurary 20th i got the symptoms, was sick for a while finally went to the doctor & was diagnosed. I ve had several doctors visits since then & now have no more symptoms & have been told to resume normal activity. Although i feel better im still most likely contagious & technically still have mono. (I think, if i m wrong let me know). So can i get my tongue pierced?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thank you for your query.
Yes you can if you arent afraid to be contagious for the man who is going to pierce you. So just wait for bit more. 6 months must pass till infection is healed. There is no need to hurry with piercing,just be patient.
WIsh you good health.
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor