Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with invertebral disc TB spondylitis. Is it contagious? Treatment?

Hello Doctor, I stay in Bangalore and my parents are in kerala. My mom has been diagnosed with invertebral disc TB spondylitis . They has started the treatment in kerala. But the pain is severe. Was wondering if its okay for her to travel and come to Bangalore and if its okay then pls. suggest a doctor n hospital in Bangalore. And was also wondering if it is contagious as I ve two small children.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Disc TB is not contagious unless and until your mother has pulmonary tuberculosis in addition.
There is no danger of transmission to small children.
Treament of tuberculosis is a standardized treatment and so you can consult any internal medicine specialist of any good hospital.
There are plenty of good hospitals in Bangalore and you may go to any of them.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor