Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Jaw, neck and arm in pain. Had sex. Related?

Hi, I m a 34 yr old male, 5ft10, 90kg and have been diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tacchycardia. I take noten for it and its not been an issue until recently. I ve been experiencing crushing pain in the centre of my chest of late and shooting up to my jaw and neck and slightly down my left arm . My resting pulse is around 90 to 100 bpm. Tonight I had sex and feel quiet week n have a rapid pulse of round 100 bpm. I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning but is this something that should be investigated further?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

A history of sinus tachycardia and chest pain radiating upto the jaw and left arm is of concern and needs to be investigated.

This history is suggestive of ischemic heart disease (IHD).
However, other causes of chest pain and sinus tachcardia need to be investigated.
It may be due to cardiac muscle disorder or valvular dysfunction.

An ECG is the investigation of choice.
If it turns out to be normal, Holter may be required.
An echocardiography may be required if muscular or valvular disorders are suggested.

Kindly, visit your cardiologist for further work up.

If you found my answer helpful, kindly post your feed back.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor