Diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Enlarged thyroid nodules. Weight gain. Will the nodules shrink?

Hi Dr. Manoranjan, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in February of this year. I do have lab-work from 2009 showing a spiked level of TSH (my primary physician ignored it). In June, my TSH level finally reached a normal level of 1.6. It started at 86. However, my weight still fluctuates and I am gaining again. Is it possible that my TSH level has increased again? My endocrinologist also found two small nodules in June on my thyroid that are being looked at again soon. One was less than 1 cm in size all around (he isn t concerned) and the other is about 2 cm in size all around. I am 22 years old. Is it likely that these will shrink? Thank you, Kayla
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012