Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with hydronephrosis, calculus in the lower ureter. Need surgery or can it be treated with medications?

My brother has the below kidney problem and request you to suggest what is the next step. Whether he has to undergo surgery or with the medication it can be rectified. Right sided moderate hydro nephrosis with hydro uretra due to calculus in the lower 1/3rd ureter(below the level of iliac vessels crossing) measuring 6.4mm(along short axis of the ureter) x 9.7mm(along long axis of the ureter) with distinct post acoustic shadowing.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
The chances of his calculus getting out on his own is minimal as the size of the stone is more than 3 mm. Also it is causing blockage resulting in back pressure changes that is swelling of kidney and ureter. The more you wait, the more chances of irreversible damage to your kidney. Hence it is best to get the stone removed through cystoscopic (endoscopic) surgery at the earliest.
Answered: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor