Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with high RBC. How to bring it normal?

good evening sir ... recently in normal routine check up , my wife was diagnosed with high RBC ~ 9 Lacs. I am staying in Banerghatta road let me know the hospital where we can consult you with all the reports. Request early appointment . Also complete address and contact no. as I am recently transferred to Bangalore. Thanks Sanjay Anand
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
In high RBC count> 9 Lacs. you need to consult a Hematologist.
What is the Hemoglobin level and PCV.
It could be primary or secondary which is related to some other disease like heart diseases,or Lung diseases,some endocrine disorders and few medicines.
It would be prudent to visit a Hematologist in Bangalore.
Investigate properly and depending on exact cause treatment can be planned.
In primary form a Venesection and removal of blood intermettantly,other way is chemotherapy or radioactive Phosphorus.
Hope this information helps you
Take care
Best of Luck
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor