Diagnosed with hernia and reflux. Veins on wrist turned black, lips turned blue after walking long distance. Suggestions?

I am a 62 year old female. 5 2 and 11st 8 ounces. I am being investigated for the cause of reflux which I have been getting every time I walk or move quickly. Tests show I have a small hernia and reflux.I have an appointment for a stress test on the 26/11/2012. I was walking a long way to a hotel pulling my suitcase last week when I got the pain in my chest and the heavy feeling in my arms also pain in my wrists. When I got to the hotel I went to the bathroom to run cold water on my wrists when I noticed the veins on my wrist and the base of my thumb had turned black and were standing out like rail racks on a map. My friend informed me my lips had been blue on the train coming down. In the last 2 years I have been asked a coupled of times why my lips were blue. Any assistance you can give me is gratefully appreciated. Anna
Fri, 21 Jun 2013