Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with genital herpes, had unprotected sex, have sore lymph nodes. What medication?

I was diagnosed with genital herpes 4 months ago... The doctors n herpes line told me not to worry just to move on with my life. I had unprotected sex n oral sex now I have a sore lymph node cold symptom n my neck seem a lil swollen.. Did I infect my throat with my HV2, and should I be on daily medication? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

Herpes infection is a viral infection which gets transmitted by sexual contact. Sex should be avoided till the infection clears away with treatment with anti-viral treatment.
Herpes virus causing genital infection is herpes simplex type 2.
The herpes infection which affects the head and neck region is herpes simplex type 1.
So, the lymph nodes that you have developed in the neck are not due the same herpes simplex 2 infection.
It seems to be a separate pathology. The lymph node should be investigated by fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC).
FNAC is an office precedure which helps the pathologist to determine the type of cells present in the swelling.
This investigation will guide the doctor to take further step.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P wahal
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor