Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with food poisoning, have severe weakness. What will help?

I have been told i have stomach poisioning......not sure of the full or correct word though....begins with cat----------- Started 2 weeks ago.......mega doses of diahhrea and sicknesss and doubled up with pain in my stomach...even after all this time,.It s 4am now.....and am now so weak with nearly 2 weeks in bed.....haven t even the energyto sit up for long.Should I start to EAT now,,,,,,just been nibbling,,,,,,,what will else help please??Thankyousally London
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, it is not good that you have been suffering from diarrhoea for two weeks and havn't received any consultation., you can definitely start eating now specifically soft, boiled low fat and spice food initially in small quantitiy at 2-3 horuly intervals. If you are not feeling naseous or are able to retain the food then you can increase your quantity according to your appetite. Also take plenty of fluids, rest. If you aare still not recovered and still suffer from diarrhoea and nausea then you need to visit the ER and get specific treatment after being subjected to a stool exam for ova and cyst and a blood widal test for salmonellosis. Do take care.,
Answered: Sat, 12 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor