Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with eustachian tube dysfunction due to sinus infection. Given flonase, claritin D. Remedy?

Yesterday I was diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction due to a sinus infection I had 6 months ago. I let it go for a long time because there was no pain but my hearing seemed to get worse. They checked my hearing and said it was excellent. That the issue is Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. I was prescribed Flonase and to buy Claritin D or Zyrtec D or something like that. Ideally, I like to not put anything not plant based in my body. Are you aware of any natural remedies for this issue? Thank you. Alexandra Strain
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  763
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Eustachian tube dysfunction is an entity which has not definitive treatment and is treated only symptomatically. Like you mentioned that at present you do not have any symptoms like tinnitus (buzzing sound in the ear), hearing loss or sneezing. If thats the case then you do not need to take any medication.

However if you do develop any of the aforementioned symptoms, then you must consider taking at least the anti histamine medication.

You may also try doing steam inhalation with menthol or eucalyptus oil for some relief

hope you recover soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor