Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia, have allergy towards medroxyprogesterone. Alternative treatment?

I need an alternative treatment for endometrial hyperplasia; possible allergy to medroxyprogesterone 10mg. • 1st d&c on 09/08/11 had simple hyperplasia started treatment with medroxyprogesterone 10mg. • After 2.5 mos. had slight red rash on face and chest. I was told to quite taking medication. Never finished treatment – No confirmation of allergy to medroxyprogesterone 10mg. • 15 mos. after 1st d&c had 2nd d&c on January 24, 2013 • Pathology report stated “essentially the same” from both curettage; simple hyperplasia & focally complex endometrial hyperplasia, • Dr. will not treat with medroxyprogesterone because of unknown allergic reaction (it could have been from tea I drank or something else). • Dr. recommends a hysterectomy (full). • I disagree and feel this is extremely aggressive. • I would like alternative method on handling endometrial hyperplasia. • No history of health problems, age 54 always had normal periods and 2 natural childbirths • What are my alternatives?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling Health care magic forum.
After 2.5 months of taking medroxy progesteron you had rash on the face and chest, so it may not be due to the drug. it may be an infection, or allergy due to some other thing like clothes, food, jewelary, cosmetics or some thing of that sort, you have used recently.
first of all you consult a dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Endometriosis has increased , more than the first time , that is why your doctor didn't prescribe medicines and asked for surgery. If you have any doubt you can consult another gynacologist for expert advise.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor