Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with duodenal submucosal tumor. Second opinion - advised enscopic ultrasound and CT scan to rule out malignancy. Whom to go for further treatment?

Hi, after endocopy and biospy, I had been diagnosed with duodenal submucosal tumor . The biopsy says: Suggestive of heterotopic pancreatic tissue . Now when I went to seek a second opiniion from a doctor, he says the biopsy had been done on the suface skin of the tumor, and so I have to do enscopic ultrasound and CT scan to determine or rule out malignancy . He says there s 90% chance of it to be benign, but there s 10% chance of it being malignant as well. Which doc should I go for now, the new one or the previosu one?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

A detailed study with information from all possible modalities will help in identifying the exact cause.

I suggest you to go to the doctor who is planning on to get the CT scan done.Also I agree with his prediction of the tumor being benign.

Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 29 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor