Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with duod ulcer, cured but left a scar lining in stomach. Having upset stomach, pain. Any advice ?

Hi, many years ago I was diognosed with a duod ulcer , it was cleared but left me with scarred lining in my stomach . The past 3 weeks I have been on a diet that consists of a lot of salad, veg and fruit. Last Wed I started to get the same sort of acid pain I have had in the past, also the last 2 mornings (5am ish) has woken me and I have had to rush to the loo and had really awful upset tum. What is your advice to calm this down please. Thanks Sue
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi...., since you were treated for duodenal Ulcer.. avoid much of spicy foods, oily foods, avoid excess of coffee of tea, quit alcohol .., all these will increase the gastric acid secretion leading to Ulcers again.. also take meals at the regular time.. the above symptoms suggestive of gastritis

Take care..
Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor