Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with diffuse parenchymal renal disease bilateral. Advisable to have more fluid intake?

dr. good day just want to ask if diffuse parenchymal renal disease bilateral is advisable to have more fluid intake i diagnosed that on my kub ultrasound whether im on a dengue px last october 23, 2012 and the procedure was done last october 27. 2012. it is a complication not to be worried or need to follow up toa nephrologist . tnx waiting for your advised.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  232
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hello ,
Greetings from

I am Dr Sourav Chakraborty and i have gone through your case scenario in detail and i will be answering your queries.

Bilateral diffuse parenchymal disease is an umbrella diagnosis or a collective diagnosis and it include a whole spectrum of disease starting from mild infections of kidneys to serious disease of kidney tissue proper. Please do not rely exclusively on ultrasonography reports and do get your blood checked for urea and creatinine levels. If you find any aberration in your report , then visit a physician or nephrologist of your choice. There are some kidney disease where we advocate free water intake and in some we do restrict intake of water to prevent further damage.

Hope i have been able to help . Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 12 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor