Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with diabetes. What diet should be followed?

Hi! I m Vee, May I ask for your help? just want to know what would be the best or good food that my parents should eat everyday. they are in the age of 50 s. we found out that they are starting to be diabetic.Actually, I wanted to have a food calendar for them so that what they eat are still healthy for them.could you help me for that? Thanks and God bless.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi your feeling for your parents is very genuine.At the age of 50 there are more chances to develop maturity onset diabetes.just try to avoid extra sugar ,unnecessary fatty foods ,cold drinks & high calories food.normal diet is OK.Go on checking Blood Sugar level periodically & if possible light exercise will hep them.The idea of food calener is good but small frequent meals is the only answer.thanks
Answered: Sat, 23 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor