Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with deteriorated retina. Treatment options?

Hi! My name is Diana and I would like to know some info about the detiorated retina . My fiancé (33 years old) made an eye control and being diagnosticated with detiorated retina. I don t know other info. Anyway I will like to know if exist any possibility to make a surgery, even an transplant? The doctor from San Antonio said that unfortunately can t fix it. Do you give me some advice where I need to go to resolve my fiance, no matter where. Please help me with an answer! Thank you very much!
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Diana,
Can you tell us whether it is in both his eyes/ recent onset/ the cause for deterioration (trauma/ congenital)?
Depending upon these questions we can suggest you better as it guides us to come for a conclusion.

If it is because of a Fresh Retinal detachment, then it can be fixed by surgery.
But if it is persisting since childhood and noticed now, I am sorry that the retinal layer has already been degenerated that nothing could be done except maintaining the structure of the globe and maximizing his persisting good vision with aids.

There is nothing wrong in taking a second opinion with a Retina specialist in your area to reconfirm the diagnosis .
I am unable to comment further without a detailed picture of the retina .
So take care and post us when you get more details to guide you more.:)
Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor