Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with corneal abrasion, disorder with top layer of eye. Wear RGP lenses. Cause and remedy?

I went to my ophthalmologist a few weeks ago for a corneal abrasion and he mentioned something to me about a disorder with the top layer of skin on the eye is loose due to a weak bond with the next layer. I can t remember what the name of it was. He said that he thinks I might have it because I get abrasions on my cornea so frequently. I wear RGP lenses to treat degenerative myopia but I take very good care of them and never sleep in them.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
You appear to have recurrent corneal erosions.there are various treatment modalities that aim to establish stronger bond. Consult a good cornea specialist. Mean while frequent preservative fre lubricants are recommended.
Take care
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor