Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with complex PTSD, prescribed mirtazepine, quertapine. Suggesttion?

Since 2005 been having problems with housing, move in 2006 and problems with other tenants antisocial behaviour, bailiff removed me in property in 2010. Got debts, been diagnosed depression , and anxiety council did not find me vulnerable and put me in a council flat in an awful state in a regeneration area and will have to move in two years and find my own flat. Been recently diagnosed with complex PTSD, prescribed mirtazepine and quertapine. I had a brutal experience 26 years ago and i have nightmares about it which was triggered by my social circumstances and worsening in the last 2 years.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
personality problems and people with too many stressors as in your case are known to have fluctuations in problems

You may be helped by adding psychotherapy to your drugs

Drug dose may need to increase after discussing with your doctor
Answered: Fri, 28 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You may need a cognitive behavior therapy.
Consult a psychiatrist for help for further help.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor