Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with cataract. Do not have BP/diabetes. Precautions to be taken?

sir i have been diagnosed with cataract in my left eye about 1 and 1/2 years back . i am 62 years , not having b p or diabetes . wat are the precautions that i have to take ? any medicines to be used ? when can i plan surgery ? can i use renolen eye drops ? if i go in for a surgery will there be loss of vision ? is it a 100 percent safe surgery ? kindly enlighten me sir . --bhaskararao hyderabad india --
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Bhaskar rao
Hello sir
cataract is opacification of the natural lens is a common age related problem. As of know the treatment of cataract is by surgery. other treatment modalities like using renolen eye drops are not very successful. You can go for surgery once you feel difficult to carry out your work. It is a safe surgery you can undergo it. With recent advancements recent techniques like phacoemulsification are very safe you can undergo surgery.
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor