Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with candidase. Get break outs when eaten anything sweet. Does Avocado oil help redness?

Hello, I am a 57 year old female. Last summer, I broke out on my eyebrows, This is what my family physician told me. At that time, he gave me a cream to use topically, and an antibiotic . It is now 4/23/13, and I still have problems with my eyebrows. Approximately, 2 weeks ago; I saw my dermotologist. At that time, he said it was candidase! He prescriped a medication called Fluconazole . Unfortunately, this medication can only be taken once a week for four weeks. Meanwhile, anything I eat anything with sugar, my eyebrows brake out very red and they hurt and look aweful. I work at a health food store, and I have some Avacado Oil. Do you think that this oil would help the redness go away?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare Magic.

As per your query you are diagnosed with "Candidiasis" and it breaks out after eating sweet things.
To guide you better about this condition - it is a fungal infection caused by the fungus Candida. As per other fungi it also have tendency to grow specifically in humid conditions with excess sugar adding to the growth.

Therefore I request you to first of all go for your sugar check up. Even if the sugar level is normal then it is also quite common to find in normal sugar level also after a particular age. You should eat a less of sugar containing foods.

For complete relief you will be requiring proper antifungal treatment in form of oral and topical treatments by a dermatologist. If the sugar level is raised then it also requires correction by proper medication.

Avocado oil do not have anti-fungal properties so it would be of no help in reducing the problem.
Despite above measures if the problem is not getting better then it is better to consult a dermatologist for best guidance.

Hope these informations will help.

"With good health wishes"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & STDs)
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor