Diagnosed with brain tuberculoma, has low appetite, dizziness, imbalance, difficulty in walking, no improvement with treatment. Suggestion?

doctor , i dont know how to explain the diseases of my grandmother as doctor declared she has brain tuberculoma? and on that basis they treated her but their is no use of any kind of medicines so please help me she as such symptoms loss of apetite, dezziness, loss of balance and she likes to sleep as she feels well in that condition my grand father is so worried about my grandmother so they changed the doctor for second opinion but their is no improvement in her health , she is not able to walk now please reply as early as possible
Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi

I dont know what mediactions your grandmother is taking. If it is clearly proved to be tuberculoma then anti-tubercular therapy with proper drugs and dosages should be continued along with close monitoring of her symptoms, physical well being and blood parameters especially liver function testing. For that i will suggest you to consult a pulmonologist for better opinion. Again it is better to also fix an appointment to a neurologist to exclude other neurological causes of such symptoms like cerebellar disorders. An MRI brain should be done if not done yet. If the symptoms are persistent irrespective of adequate treatment then surgical excision of tuberculoma should be considered. Our approach should be step by step.
Thank you.