Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with bilateral fibroadenosis, have enlarged and painful breasts. Had surgery for uterus removal. What is the cause and treatment for this condition?

helo, i am 46yrs old & have been daignosed of bilateral fibroadenosis with a single left axillary node measuring 12.3x7.3mm consistant with an inflammatory nodes. A year ago i had an operation to remove the uterus due to fibroids and since then my breasts enlarged & painful. the question is, (a) what danger am i in? (b) what procedure is needed, if any? (c)what is the cause of this condition?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Here are your answers:
--This is a benign condition and usually responds well to treatment. It may go on to become a fibradenoma in some cases.
--Presently, you can try firm breast support, diuretics to reduce the water logging and analgesic-anti-inflammatory to reduce the tissue reaction and pain. Hormone supplements may be tried with some help.
--The cause is hormonal leading to tissue reaction and water logging.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Sat, 29 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor