Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with benign fasciculation syndrome. Have eye twitching, eye floaters. Do I have to go for plastic surgery?

I was diagnosed with benign fasiculation syndrome about six years ago. At the time I had an ongoing eye twitch for several months. Thankfully I feel much better today. I have been contemplating having plastic surgery on my upper and lower eyelids. I saw a board certified opthamologist and he thought it didn t matter. Should I be concerned or go for a second opinion? I also have eye floaters . I am reluctant to go through with this because of these issues. Am I too skidish? Thanks, Robin
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  241
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Having eye floaters might be just a benign finding or may be suggestive of something serious. Getting the eye surgery done for twitchings is advisable only in severe cases. Taking a second opinion will be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 7 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor