Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with astigmatism. Need vision correction?

I just got a glasses prescription for my son that show that he has astigmatism . The prescription read Right sph 0.25 cyl 1.5 axis 15 and Left sph o.25 cyl 1.25 and axis 165. I need a second opinion as I have bad feeling about glasses, as I was diagnosed to be short sited about 20 years ago and since then the whole thing have continued to go downhill I started with -1.5 and now I am using -4.0. I will not like my son to go the same route
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Don't feel bad for buying him the glasses. Feel good, for your son is going to enjoy a clear vision like a normal person.
If he is of an age where he can manage Contact lens(CL), try using them. And once his power is stable with a good retina and sufficient corneal thickness, LASER's can make him free of glasses.

So until then ,let him enjoy a quality vision with the prescribed glasses. Take care :).
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor