Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with anxiety disorder. Taking klonopin .5mg. Cost of brain scan?

any idea how much a brain scan would cost? I have a constant ringing in my right ear that s lasted for over 2 months and have a weird sensation on the right side of my head.. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder over a year ago and have been on klonopin .5mg and haven t had any major anxiety attacks until this ringing started
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Klonopin (Clonazepam) is a benzodiazepine anti-anxiety medication and is usually advised on a short-term basis only, due to the risk of habituation or medication dependence.

Ringing in the ears can often be due to a ear problem, though certain neurological problems may also cause this symptom. I would suggest that it's a better idea to frst see an ENT specialist to have a ear evaluation, and then plan further investigations, as advised by the doctor.

The cost of a CT scan varies very widely from country to country, depending on the type of health service (private or public) and even between different diagnostic centres. I would suggest that you ask your doctor or your community nurse / social worker or do an internet search regarding this.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

A Brain imaging study is expensive. I wonder if you are looking to get a computerized tomography (CT) scan or an MRI (magnetic resonance imagining) which are two different and most commonly used tests. CT scans are less expensive than MRI scans, however MRIs give you more information. I advise you to consult a psychiatrist before determining which test you need. Constant ringing in the ear is more of an ENT problem and you are being treated appropriately for your anxiety. I recommend that you revisit with your psychiatrist to get things resolved.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and have a nice day !
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor