Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, vitamin D deficiency, HLA B27, on Telmaxx, prescribed Indocap SR. Right medicine?

Hi Dr. I have been diagnosed with ? Ankylosing spondilitis for now over a year. I am HLA B27 -ve and my doctor advised me on Indocap S R. Also I was diagnosed with Low level of vitamin D 4.5 ng. Also taking medication for Telmaxx 25 Hypertension . I am not able to unerstand the question mark in front of the diagnosis and How intake of Indocap S R is going to affect the Hypertension.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  315
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After going through your history,you have Hypertension controlled on medicine.
Those with the HLA-B27 variant are at a higher risk than the general population of developing the disorder.
A clinical examination, MRI and X-ray studies of the spine, which show characteristic spinal changes and sacroiliitis.
Your vitamin D deficiency can be treated easily with prescription of vit D and If you are negative for HLA B27.
Signs and symptoms of typical AS( Ankylosing spondylitis) then possibly you have As.
Indocap SR is analgesic and anti inflammatory drug and used for AS and in long term can cause mild elevation in blood pressure.
Please continue your treatment and periodic medical check up.
Take care
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D

Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor